The Monti StorySLAM
Date: Tuesday, March 5, 2013 Show Starts: 7:30 pm
With: Locals w/ Stories & Kokyu BBQ
Tickets - Click Here!
Hey, doing another Monti StorySLAM. The theme is First Times (part deux).
Unlike The Monti, anyone with a story to tell has a chance to tell a one at The Monti StorySLAM. This is a competitive event, so there will be judges in the audience. At each event, there will be eight storytellers chosen at random; each story is five minutes long; one winner will be declared at the end of the night. Here's how you can tell your story:
- We publicize a theme (this show's theme is First Times.)
- You think, "Hey, I have a story that goes with that theme!"
- You buy a ticket.
- You practice your five-minute story at home and in your car.
- You show up and fill out a form stating that you would like to tell a story (NOTE: You DO NOT have to tell a story to attend. You can just sit back and enjoy the show.)
- During the show, Jeff Polish will pick names from a hat at random, one at a time, and each person called will have five minutes to tell their story.
- After eight stories have been told, one winner will be declared!
Winners from each StorySLAM will qualify for The Monti GrandSLAM in April 2013. The GrandSLAM brings the winners back to compete for the ultimate title of The Monti GrandSLAMpion!
Doors @ 6:30 PM
Show @ 7:30 PM